"waris - the desert flower " <--click the link

its a story of waris dirie a somali supermodel - she isn't an ordinary supermodel..she's beautiful , popular n in high demand, she appeared in a series of commercials for a jeweler, did makeup ads for Revlon, then later represented their new perfume, Ajee, also appeaared in the big fashion magazines: Elle, Glamour, Italian Vogue, and British and American Vogue & more.. BUT she's NOT a spoiled supermodel.. she cames from a small village in the center of africa desert.. a nomadic tribe
what drives me to write this is because i'm amaze with the transformation of herself from an innocent little girl to a great woman who's now joining U.N. Population Fund's to become a special ambassador in fight to against female circumcision, or female genital mutilation (FGM),
trust me.. its a worth reading article...! its inspiring .. n u'll feel like u were watching a documentary video while reading this coz u'll feel it..like u were there..!
...and this is my fav quote :
In the morning, I opened my eyes to the burning sun. I got up and continued to run. And so it went for days—days marked by hunger, thirst, fear and pain. When it grew too dark to see, I would stop. At midday I’d sit under a tree and take a siesta.
It was during one of these naps that a slight sound woke me. I opened my eyes and was staring into the face of a lion. I tried to stand, but I hadn't eaten in days, so my weak legs wobbled and folded beneath me. I slumped back against the tree that had sheltered me from the merciless African sun. My long journey across the desert had come to an end. I was unafraid, ready to die.
"Come and get me," I said to the lion. "I’m ready."
The big cat stared at me, and my eyes locked on his. He licked his lips and paced back and forth in front of me, elegantly, sensuously. He could crush me in an instant.
Finally he turned and walked away, no doubt deciding that I had so little flesh, I wasn't worth eating.
When I realized the lion was not going to kill me, I knew that God had something else planned, some reason to keep me alive. "What is it?" I asked as I struggled to my feet. "Direct me."
...she was just a little girl..but her faith drives her to a great life ahead...last but not least..for all of us who lives in harmony society especially we in Malaysia..i think we have no reason to feel ungrateful or complaining our country/life is sucks..!
No comments:
Post a Comment